As the Delta variant continues to threaten the health and safety of our community, Sunnyhaven Pandemic Leadership Team closely monitors updates from the Department of Health, State & Territory Health Departments and the Australian Government concerning COVID-19 infection control and the national vaccination roll-out plan.
- Covid Response plan enacted
- Not sharing of casual staff with other providers
- No access for visitors into houses that are non-essential services
- Surveillance testing every three days for staff
- Attendance in weekly Webinars with NSW Health
- Day Programs ceased
- Vaccination are encouraged for all staff
- Vaccinations for participants by NSW Health and General Practitioners
- Reduced numbers within our Administration team
- All medical appointments have been provided via telehealth services to ensure continuity of care
- Coles on Line for food purchases to reduce visits to high risk area
- Day Program staff providing programs in the homes to engage participants and reduce stress
- Zoom meetings with participant families to ensure connections
AUGUST 9th UPDATE:
Our response is consistent with both the advice from NSW Health and the Public Health Orders impacting our services:
- staff living in a growing number of LGAs have been required to maintain regular surveillance COVID testing every 72 hours and display evidence of testing to entry at any Sunnyhaven site
- staff also completing regular surveillance testing weekly when working in an identified Hot Spot area.
- daily staff temperature screening – practices that, along with social distancing, remain vigilantly in place today
- all staff will be required to complete infection control training and wear adequate PPE (surgical masks)
- no casual or agency staff from other services are to have access to our service and therefore to minimise any risk of infection,
- all non-essential visits to our Accommodation houses are to be postponed. While essential – including medical – appointments will continue
- under the Stay-At-Home order, Day Program activities are suspended until advise from NSW Government/NSW Health
- residents will be under the Stay-At-Home order, which means they will be unable to attend non-essential activities in the community. Clients will, however, be supported to take part in COVID Safe activities.
- support our clients and staff in the delivery of their COVID vaccinations – a critical component in this current fight against the pandemic. We are currently working with Health Care Australia and SOS International to organise vaccination hubs to assist Sunnyhaven staff and participants in receiving their vaccinations.
Please stay safe and take care.